Monday 31 December 2018

Countdown

31 December 2018

Countdown
It's not long now before people all over the world will be standing around a clock counting the seconds down to the commencement of a New Year. Some people view this time of year with excitement - it's the beginning of a new era, we have a new start. All over the place, people will be making New Year's Resolutions about this and that. At the time, I believe that we really mean them, sadly though, many come to nothing and the humdrum of the world re-commences with the alarm clock ringing, alerting us to the fact that it is time to get up and get back to work or school, wherever.
With the winter time dark nights and mornings it is so easy for many people to become depressed. Doctor's put this down to Seasonal Depression and many people are affected. Many times we have put our hopes and dreams into something only to be let down when we don't receive what we have been waiting for. Some of us are lonely and never really seem to get the breaks in life that others do. At times like this, it's so easy to feel like giving up. But that comes down to choice. Choice of whether to throw the towel in and give up totally, or to readdress our thoughts and make the decision that there is life out there and all we have to do is reach out to it.
You may be thinking, 'Oh yea, it's ok for him to say this. He doesn't know how hard it is. I have nothing.' Believe me, I have been at rock bottom in my life, with no where to turn and I realise how difficult things can be. However, I found that there is someone who loves me unconditionally. Someone who puts up with my mistakes and bad habits, my moaning and groaning, judging and pointing the finger at others. His name is Jesus. I'm far from perfect but He's perfect for me. He gives me the reason to face each day.
As the countdown for the New Year begins, why not do something different this year. Why not ask Jesus to be your friend. It may be the best decision you've ever made. In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says, 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me.' 
Basically, this is Jesus knocking on the door of your heart. He won't force His way in - He's a gentleman. He just waits for your invitation. Listen-- He's knocking now!

Lord Jesus, please be my friend
Come into my heart and forgive my sins,
I've messed up Lord but trust that You can help me
Please fill me with Your Spirit
And be my way forward

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...