Wednesday 19 December 2018

My testimony

Hi

My name is Grahame and I live in Dorset in the UK. I've been a Christian now for 38 years and my testimony was one of healing.
Back in 1980 I was a successful Regional Sales Manager for a national country when all of a sudden, the company was sold to our American competitors. They offered some of us jobs but not at management level. As I had worked hard to gain the promotions I had, I decided to take redundancy, which really was a joke because they only paid me a month's salary.

I felt that I would soon find alternative employment as I was well qualified. However, 3 months later I was still without a job and to add to this misery, I became ill.I thought I had had a stroke at first because my mouth was slanted to one side; my eye remained open, unable to close and I couldn't speak properly without slurring my word.
After a trip to see my GP, I was informed that I had Bell's Palsy, paralysis to the face. I had to have electrolysis daily on my face at the local hospital and see a physiotherapist. I was also placed on a heavy dose of steroids. All of this failed and after a further 3 months, my GP felt that there was nothing else they could do to improve the problem.

I was still sick and there seemed no solution to this. I couldn't even go for any interviews as I looked quite scary and couldn't string words together properly. I couldn't drink without it spilling all down my front and to eat was a nightmare as only one side of my mouth worked properly.

I became depressed and couldn't see the point in anything. I had a lovely, supportive wife and three children but I couldn't really provide them with a good income anymore.

Shortly after this, I heard a voice in my head - not audible. The voice told me to, 'Say a prayer and I'll heal you.' I hadn't a clue who it was. I thought that it could be God but I'd never really bothered with Him, only throwing up prayers when I was in trouble. I was at a loss.

The voice kept telling me over and over to 'Say a prayer and I'll heal you.' When I went to bed that night, I whispered to whoever it may be, 'Ok, if you're there, heal me.' I then went to sleep.

The next day I woke up and I felt different - almost joyful. I could also whistle. When I went into the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror, I was shocked to see that my face was returning to its normal shape. When I turned up at the hospital later that morning, I was told that I need not come again as somehow my face had become normal. My GP asked me what had happened. I just said to him that it must have been some kind of miracle. I hadn't the nerve at this stage to tell him that I'd been hearing voices in case he sectioned me.

Over the course of the next few days, I learned about Jesus from a Christian in the village where we lived and was convinced it was Jesus who had healed me. I asked Him into my heart as my Lord and Saviour and I've never looked back.

The road as not been easy at times. I've made mistakes; been messed up by so called Christian people but I've survived, thanks to the Lord.

My aim in writing this blog is to offer teaching from the wealth of experience that He has taught me. I hope you'll stick with me and offer your prayers and support

Grahame Howard
Retired Elim Pentecostal Pastor
Social worker and Bereavement Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...