Sunday 17 February 2019

Come away

"My beloved spoke and said to me, 'Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtle dove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with their tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.' "     
                                                                                          Song of Solomon 2:10 - 14 NKJV

This lovely piece of scripture of the Shulamite and her husband - Solomon, is a beautiful analogy of how God loves us. How much He cares for us and becomes concerned when we're not flowing properly. When we have problems and worries, it tends to take over our mind and we are tempted to be so involved with these that we leave, the one who matters most, out of the equation.

Things may have happened in your life that are so horrific; so painful, that you cannot forget them. They are uppermost in your thoughts on a fairly regular basis. I believe that God is speaking to you at this very moment. I believe that He is saying, 'The past is over. You cannot change it. Come away with me. It is spring, a new beginning for you, a fresh start. The scripture says, "Rise up'. In other words, 'Get up, it's time to move on. There's life out there and it belongs to you. Rise up.'

Have you ever walked in the countryside in the summer and smelt the beautiful fragrance that is around. There is something so lovely and refreshing about the fragrance. Well, this is what God wants you to do. It is time for healing, for living your life to the full. Don't hide yourself away (verse 14). This serves no purpose whatsoever. Show your face; your beloved - Jesus is here. Speak out to Him, take His hand because He loves you so much. Rise up my love, my fair one.

It is time. The turtle dove is heard in the spring. Things are refreshing and beautiful in the spring. For me, it signifies a new start. Haven't you ever wished you could start again? You can. Say this prayer with me:

'Lord Jesus, things were not good in the past, but I trust that you wish me to leave these things behind and start again - afresh with You. I give You my life now and ask You to lead me to a brighter and happier future. In Jesus' Name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...