Thursday 14 March 2019

You've enough on your plate

If you're reading this via an email, scroll down to the very last link, click it and view in your browser.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow ,for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble"  Matthew 6:34 NKJV

Worry and fear are killers. They kill faith for one thing. Fear is the exact opposite to faith. If fear is hanging around in your life, it gives way to worry and faith goes out the window. Worry and fear also injure our health and bring on all sorts of medical issues.

At times, our load for today is so large that we physically don't know how we're going to get through it all. Do you feel like that? It may be your job or it may be the busy work load at home. It can be stressful unless we take control of it.
I remember one time when I was a social worker in a very busy city office. I had been on leave for just over two weeks and the night before returning to work, I was fretting about all the work that would be in my tray at work. The life of a social worker is busy and, unless there's an emergency in your case load, the work stays in your tray until your return. That can be a nightmare.
So I lay in bed worrying about all I had to do and God took me into  dream, I was awake but only aware of Him leading me into my office and picking up my work tray. 'My what a lot of work we have,' He said. He then led me to my desk and He helped me get through it all. When I did go to work the following morning, the tray was full, as expected, but there was nothing really pressing and I cleared it all up within an hour. Amazing, but I'd fretted for nothing and I learned that God is in control, if we let Him be.

In Proverbs 16:3, it says, 'Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established.' The word 'Commit', gives the picture of a camel, with a heavy load on its back.When it comes to remove this load, it kneels down and rolls over onto its side, depositing the load on the ground. What a lovely picture of rolling our many worries and cares over to God.

We need to learn from this picture. God does not want any of us stricken with worry and care; loaded down with problems that are causing us all kind of upset. Instead, He wants us to roll them over to Him. He is capable and He is interested and He is willing to help. However, He's a gentleman and waits for us to allow Him into the situation. He doesn't usually burst in of His own accord. He can do, but usually He wants us to call to Him.

Why don't you try this today? You cannot take on worries from tomorrow. You can only Cope with what you have today. Give it to God, NOW!

I would love to hear from you. dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...