Sunday 21 April 2019

Risen to Life

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browser

"Then as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, 'Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen.' "  Luke 24:5-6 of Luke 24

You can't take God on and win!. It's impossible to do this. Jesus is a winner and so are all who belong to Him. He has triumphed over death. He's alive, just as He said He would be. The devil had a mighty shock. He thought he had defeated Jesus and got Him out of the way and felt he was now the leader of the world. But boy, he was so wrong. Jesus blasted out of the realm of death. It could no longer hold Him. He has taken death and defeated it - totally. He is alive!

And because of this, all Christians, even though they will die at some stage, will rise to life too - to be with Jesus in His Kingdom. Jesus has the keys to Heaven. He reigns there victoriously and He wants you to be there one day, too. But if you don't know Jesus, how will you get there? He has the key; the password, which is 'Jesus is my Lord.' People will only go to Heaven when they die if they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

He suffered terribly to give you and me the certainty of Heaven - eternal life. We will die to this life one day but we will be with Him, living eternally. This is the thing that keeps people going when they have lost someone close to them. The pain and hurt is unavoidable but if the deceased was a Christian, there is a certainty that they will see them again. This s why King David was able to write in Psalm 23:4:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

He had a certainty of being in Heaven when He died; and so can you. Jesus didn't go through this terrible ordeal on the cross for nothing. He died for you. He took your sin - all the stuff you know you have done wrong in life, and are ashamed of - He took your place on the cross, paid the penalty of your sin and as you ask Him to forgive you, He declares you not guilty. 

Now if that isn't something to shout about, I don't know what is. Imagine that you're taking a train journey and there are two stations you can get off. Station one, will be a bright, sunny, beautiful day with all expenses paid; Station two is on fire and people will abuse you all the time you're there. Which station would you prefer to get off? Of course, you would choose Station one. Well this is the choice you will have to make in your life.

Jesus has done all He can to pave the way for you to be forgiven and enjoy eternal life with Him in Heaven. If you don't do this, you will have no choice and will receive a ticket to hell. Please don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write the book, God did; just read your bible:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16. (Read the whole of Chapter 3)

Jesus longs for you to make the right choice. If you want to accept Jesus and be certain of eternal life, please say this prayer with me:

'Father, I realise that You sent Jesus to die in my place on the cross. I recognise that I am a sinner and ask You to forgive every sin that I have ever committed. I accept Jesus as My Lord and Saviour, and My friend. I ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me live for You from this day forward. I ask in Jesus' name. Amen

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...