Tuesday 30 April 2019

You can do this!

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browser

"O taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him.:  Psalm 34:8

I was in a shop the other day when I saw a sign that I felt was quite profound. It said:
'If you don't try, you'll never know.' This made me think of the above scripture. You have to taste God - try Him out. Unless you do, you'll never know how good He is and what He can do in your life. It's rather like if you buy a new chocolate bar because someone told you how tasty it is. Unless you taste it yourself, you'll never know if what they're saying is true. I used this phrase as an example when I was doing an essay, years ago. The person who marked it, wrote over my essay, 'Jesus is not a chocolate bar.' The thing is, I never said he was, but I have used this lots of times when I've been describing how one has to taste and see how good God is, and it's worked every time. I wrote this on my essay and sent it back, but I never received a response.

At this time, you may be swamped with questions such as"

What is God asking you to do?
What is available to you but it is so scary if you went for it?
Shall I go for this new job?
Shall we move house to another area?
Am I being called to the ministry of Jesus?

You nearly always have a choice but what shall it be? It's easier to stay in the comfort zone but at a later date, you may regret not taking the opportunity. It is so scary. However, do you trust God? Your answer may be, 'Yes, but..? That word 'but' can be so negative and debilitating. It causes chaos to our thinking. If you're going to go for it, you really need to analyse this word; try and work through the fear it brings up, and move forward.

Dare you take the risk? If God is in this, you know He will not let you down. He's opened a door and no one can close it (Revelation 3:7-8) Why not taste and see how good God really is and GO FOR IT. It may be the best decision you've ever made.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard 

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...