Tuesday 7 May 2019

Don't leave God out

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browser

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

How often do we leave God out of our everyday lives? We go on holiday and we may be tempted to not talk or listen to Him in great depth - having a week off from God situation. We may have something pressing that we need to sort out. We may think that we know the answer to this so we refrain from consulting with Him about this in the first place.

And yet, the above scripture says, 'In all your ways acknowledge Him - .' Being a Christian means just that; we are supposed to consult Him in everything. Not because He is some imposing boss who demands to know what we are planning. No, not at all. It's because He knows the way forward - in everything and He so much wants us to make the right move and the right decision.
However, if you're anything like me, I start off with good intentions but because I live life in the fast lane, I need to be doing and getting on with things. Sometimes, I haven't the time to stop and see if what I intend to do is the right thing. I just assume that it is. And that, is the problem!

Rushing into something, rather like a bull in a china shop, is counter-productive. The only thing it serves is picking up the pieces of a wrong decision, which may be costly. I expect that I'm not the only one here. When we ignore the advice to 'Lean not on your own understanding,' we're heading down the wrong path. I have lost count of the times that I have been driving and think that I know the route. I have thought, 'I don't need to switch on the Sat-Nav and I don't need to bother God with such a trifling question of where to go. I know the way." Wrong, I have soon found out after several wrong turns, that I don't know it all, but God does.

It's the same with our lives. If you imagine God as a 'Spiritual sat-Nav,' just for the moment. When we tune into Him, by prayer, then he will give us the directions of where or how to go.  If we don't tune into Him - by not praying, we end up in a diabolical problem at times.

It's far better to ask Him the way forward. It saves many a headache.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard 

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...