Wednesday 5 June 2019

'I can't do this - yes you can' Part three

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browse

"16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already , because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."  John 3:16 - 18

These are Jesus' words and it is most important how a person reads them. They carry life or death They determine where a person will spend eternity when they die. A person has the choice to believe in Jesus, as their Saviour, or reject Him. This determines whether a person will spend eternity in Heaven, with Jesus and the rest of the saints; or in hell with the non-believers. The choice must be made while we are alive. It'll be too late when we die.

Some may say, 'I can't do that, I've got a life to live, I can't spend it reading the bible and going to church. How boring is that.' My reply to that would be, 'You can do that, if you want to. It's your choice; no one is forcing you.' The person may continue, 'I can't find the time in my busy schedule to fit church and Christianity in as well. Life's too busy.' That is very true. It is. But the busy-ness can end, just like that, and if it ends as a non-believer, then you will not go to Heaven.

'Well, that's just not fair, I've always lived a good life; I've not hurt anyone and I give regular to charities.' That's commendable, but God's Word says in Ephesians 2:8 'For by Grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God.' Basically, it's great to give our time and finance to for instance, third world countries, but it will not get you into Heaven. We can't buy our way there. It is by Grace, which means God's unmerited favour. We don't deserve this. It's His free gift to us, we cannot buy it, earn it or win it in a raffle. God gives it freely but we need to give our lives to Him.

'I can't do that.' Fine, that's your choice but the price is a very high one to pay for unbelief. Eternity is a very, very long time. While believers will be enjoying life with Jesus, whatever that will be like, non-believers will spend eternity in regret, separated from their loved ones, who believed. Is it worth the risk?

The first part of the title of this commentary, is, 'I can't do this,' and believe me, no one can get to Heaven except through Jesus. 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.' (John 14:6) You may be a millionaire in this life, but you can't take it with you when you die and if you don't know Jesus, there's no way that you'll be with Him, except for the judgement, where everyone will have to stand before Him and give an account for their lives. (Romans 14:10-12)

So as we come to the end of this series on, 'I can't do this - yes you can;' give some serious thought to where you want to be when your life ends. If there were two trains going to two different destinations, one a great place, the other horrible, you would need to make a choice. Likewise, a choice has to be made for your salvation. What will it be?

If you want to be sure of your salvation, say this prayer with me:

'Lord Jesus, I realise that I need You. I can't live my life without You. I want to be saved; I want to know You and have You as my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart and forgive my sins. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me to follow You for the rest of my days. In Jesus' Name. Amen'

If you said this prayer, you're born again. Get yourself a bible, join a church and get to know the best friend you'll ever have - Jesus.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...