Wednesday 18 September 2019

Don't curse yourself

"For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me. And what I dreaded has happened to me."                                                                                       Job 3:25.  NKJV

Basically, you're saying, 'What I dreaded has come true." (NLT) Really, we are putting curse on ourselves when we say such things. It is self-fulfilled prophecy. As I've mentioned recently. you'll get what you confess. But we all do it. We say things about ourselves and others such as:

'I knew this would happen.' Everything I buy goes wrong.' 'I knew he'd turn out to be a bad one.' It's no good setting the alarm because I'll never hear it.' 'I nearly died when he said this.' He hasn't got any idea, he really hasn't.' And so on and so on.

The devil is not your friend and if you keep saying such negative stuff as this, he'll be only too pleased to help you make it happen. Stop it, right now.

We really need to think before we open our mouths. James tells us, 'Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.' James 1:19. Negative words can pierce our armour that we should be wearing all the time. We profess to be people of God and then make confessions such as, 'He'll never come to anything, he's just not worth it.' Yes he or she is. They are worth it to God. If you've had these things spoken over you by someone or even yourself; revoke them right now and start confessing that you are a man or woman of God, saved by the precious blood of Jesus and destined to a place in Heaven when your time comes. Until then, you are forgiven, healed, righteous, loved, healthy, happy, blessed and anointed. Does that sound like you? Yes it does, because Jesus says so. 'Yes, but I've let Him down so much recently.' So what, so has every other Christian. No one is perfect. 'Yes, but my thought life is not wholesome and I swear sometimes, therefore I'm not worthy of Heaven.' Yes you are because the main man - Jesus, said so. Confess these things to Him, ask for His help. He's only too pleased to assist.

Let me remind you of what Peter did before Jesus turned him into a mighty man of God. Read Mark 14:66-72 and you will see Peter saving his own skin by denying that he had anything to do with Jesus and even cursing and swearing when he was pressed on the subject. And yet, Jesus - your Jesus, forgave him and built him back up and on the day of Pentecost, used him to bring over 3000 souls to know Jesus.

Come on, stop listening to the enemy and realise just how much you are loved and favoured by your friend, Jesus.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...