Thursday 26 September 2019

Eagle’s wings

"But those who wait on the LORD, shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles."                                                                  Isaiah 40:31.  NKJV

Reuben Morgan's song reads:


EAGLE'S WINGS

Here I am waiting, abide in me I pray.
Here I am longing, for You. 
Hide me in Your love, bring me to my knees;
May I know Jesus more and more.
Come live in me, all my life, take over.
Come breathe in me, and I will rise on eagle's wings

                                                                                      Copyright 1998 Reuben Morgan

Eagles do not flap, even when other birds try to mob them because they're entering their territory and near their young. When threatened, an eagle just rises up high on 7 foot wide wings, going much higher than the other birds are prepared to go. They don't flap, they soar.

The eagle often sits on very high rocks testing the wind. They are so huge and heavy they need the right breeze to set off. When the right one comes along, it expands its wings and gets carried on the breeze. In other words, it mounts up on eagle's wings. So therefore, it waits and this renews its strength.

To mount is too ascend. The eagle mounts up and rises above the problems coming against it. Do you get the picture? We need to rise above the worry and the anxiety that is around every corner, trying to envelope us. When trials come, God provides a breeze for us and His intention is for us to soar in it.

As we allow God to breathe in us, we will be able to rise up on eagle's wings. We will also renew our strength and as we do this, God will take us to new heights.

So, get close to Jesus and let Him hold you, love you and refresh you and then wait for Him to send that wonderful breeze of the Holy Spirit. Then without flapping, soar at a new height, higher than you have ever been before. If troubles come, rise above them. Refuse to lose this strength and peace that God has given you.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...