Monday 16 September 2019

You'll get what you confess

"(20) Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. (21) The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."
                                                                    Proverbs 18:20-21   New Living Translation

The wise speak thoughtfully because they know that what they say will have consequences. We need to choose our words wisely by speaking positively instead of negatively. In other words, what we confess, we will get. Negative words are spoken wherever we go. We often hear people saying, 'I feel awful,' or 'I think I'm coming down with the flu.' If we speak in such a way, chances are we will suffer such things. It is like self-fulfilled prophecy. 'I'm not going to try to go to university, I won't be accepted and if I am, I'll never cope with the work anyway.' Again, chances are they won't. 'I'm useless at doing this,' is another phrase we use; or, 'If I apply for that job, I won't get it, so why should I bother. My face doesn't fit at all. I'm not going to make a fool of myself.'

Negative words. We need to take control of what comes out of our mouth. If, we allow it, our tongue can be our worst enemy. we need to practise taming the tongue and it can start by thinking through what we're going to say.

Ephesians 4:29 says: 'Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.' And that means us too. We hear what we say and if we're confessing that we feel awful or that we're coming down with some illness, or in fact, we can't do this or that, then the chances are, we'll be right. We'll get what we confess. Wise up.
We need to treat what we say as an investment not a destructive weapon. Our words carry faith or fear; blessing or cursing and life or death. 

Things may be going wrong for you at this time, or you may not feel that you are blessed. Check what is coming out of your mouth. Check what you are confessing. remember, 'Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction.' But, 'The tongue can bring death or or life, those who love to talk will reap the consequences.' 

You'll get what you confess. So change your thinking and your words, and start being positive about your life.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard 

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...