Wednesday 5 February 2020

One thing I know

"25 Whether He is a sinner or not, I do not know. One thing I know, That though I was blind, now I see."                    John 9: 1-34.  NKJV

One of the greatest answers we can ever have for people who ask us tricky questions about Jesus, is this text. I say tricky questions because many times this is what we face from some unbelievers who just want to make a laughing stock of us. They come at us with both barrels blazing and say the most convincing things - things that stitch us up and leave us unable to answer adequately.

This was the case here with the man born blind. Jesus, seeing him, went up to him, made clay with His saliva, anointed his eyes and told him to go wash in the pool of Siloam. He did this and his eyes were opened.

When the Pharisees  heard about this, they grilled the man wanting to know what had happened. They didn't believe what the man said to them, so sent for his parents, who confirmed this. 

They caused chaos trying to investigate this and began calling Jesus a sinner for healing a man on the sabbath. The man replied, 'Whether He is a sinner or not, I do not know. One thing I know, that though I was blind, now I see.'

At times, this really is all we can say 'I don't know the answers to what you're saying, but what I do know is He's changed my life.' Like the Pharisees, they probably won't want to hear this or believe you. But that doesn't matter.

You know the truth - Jesus. You know what Jesus has done for you and really, that's all that matters.

Copyright 2020 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@hotmail.com

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com

MY BOOK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daily-Life-Jesus-Bible-Commentary/dp/B084DFYKHD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=daily+life+with+Jesus+a+daily+bible+commentary&qid=1580804373&sr=8-1


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daily-Life-Jesus-Bible-Commentary-ebook/dp/B084G9S4FD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Daily+life+with+Jesus+a+daily+bible+commentary&qid=1580804529&s=digital-text&sr=1-1














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...