Friday 7 August 2020

He is our Super-Lifeguard

"The Righteous cry out and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles" 

                                                                                                           Psalm 34:17.  NKJV

A Lifeguard watches on the sea shores and swimming pools to check if anyone is in trouble. If they are, they are rescued and brought to safety. But their guarding is limited. If we are in any other life-threatening position, the Lifeguard is unlikely to come to our rescue. This is where our Super Lifeguard comes into play - Jesus.

Scripture tells us that the LORD - Yahweh Himself, will deliver us out of all of our troubles. What's more, He hears our cries for help as we call out to Him. I remember when I was in hospital 20 years ago. I had had major surgery and was not doing good. I was fading fast and very tired. In my weakness, I whispered to Him, 'Please help me.' He did and there was a massive improvement almost straightaway.I was discharged home days later. God cares and hears our cries.

It's not just the major things He wants to help with, but the smaller, everyday issues too. He's the best weather presenter for one thing. Many is the time when I've wondered if I need to take a coat with me in case of a change in the weather. When I've called on Him for this purpose, He's told me what I needed to know. People may think that this is ridiculous to speak to God about such things, but they're wrong; God is extremely interested in all we do. Check out Proverbs 3:5-6. Basically it is saying, 'Before you do anything - check things out with God.' It's called a Covenant relationship. God can be relied on to help us to remember where we've left our car keys or other important element. He delivers us out of all our troubles.

Do you want God to deliver you out of something. It could be a large bill or some job or school problem. Stop trying to sort it out yourself. You're settling for second best and at this moment you need the best. Don't listen to others - the well-meaning people that give you worldly advice. Instead, take it to your Commanding Officer Himself. His door is always open and there's no secretary trying to block your way to Him.

When you do call on Him, be full of faith. You're asking Him for help and He's already said that He hears you and He's willing to deliver you out of all - not some, of your troubles. Like a Lifeguard looks out to sea to check for any problems, Jesus watches over you and He says, 'Call on Me - cry out to Me.'

Give it a try right now! 

Copyriight 2020 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...