Sunday 4 October 2020

This is achievable!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
                                                                                                           2 Corinthians 12:9   NKJV

When I first realised that I was heading to university, there were times, especially as the days grew nearer, when I would have done anything - swim the Channel even, to avoid doing this. I was in fear. I was coming out of my comfort zone and the constant nagging in my head, that I wouldn't be able to do it was volatile. I was even offered a job that had good prospects and I felt that this would be a better route to take; anything was better than going to uni. However, deep down I knew it would be ok; that I could achieve this, after all, I had passed all of the preliminaries to get a place there. So I gritted my teeth, found strength from God and went on this new journey.

Fear has a way of disabling us. If we allow it to take hold, it will play on our mind so much, that we'll begin to believe the lies about it all. When a fresh challenge comes our way, many people receive it well at first but later, after further thought and sleepless nights, the worry of it all becomes a massive problem.

Does this sound like you? Are you facing a new challenge in your life and it's beginning to freak you so much, that it would be easier to turn it down - to stay as you are? This is a normal feeling; it would be more of a worry if you were too over-confident. Listen, God is wanting to bless you - all the time. Do you believe He has brought this about in your life? Do you feel that God has given you this challenge? If you believe that He has, then it's going to be ok. If you're not sure, ask Him to give you more clarity. When God has given me these challenges, there has always been a feeling in my heart like it's beating so fast, it'll explode. I've learned to recognise this is God making me feel excited about it all. Maybe you have similar types of indicators. Look for them, learn to monitor them.

If you decide that God is leading you to this challenge, then accept that He will give you all the help that you need. You can do this. You may feel weak, but that's ok, because He is very much stronger. His grace is sufficient to take you through. When you believe this, His strength is made perfect in your weakness. In other words, He will give you the get up and go.

Whatever you're facing today - a job interview, house move, marriage, considering bible college, a new relationship or a place in uni, just accept that your Heavenly Father is for you, not against. He only wants the best for you. Why not pray over this Proverb:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, (6) in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.'         Proverbs 3:5-6

                                                                      


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...