Monday 4 January 2021

He will not give up on you - that's a promise!

"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you, will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."     
                                                                                                        Philippians 1:6   NKJV    

At times, being a Christian can be so difficult and daunting as we continually fail at every hurdle we attempt to jump over. We try so hard to get it right but it seems, the harder we try, the harder it becomes to succeed. 

My dad, when I was very small, used to sing me a lullaby every night before I went to sleep. The words were:

At the end of the day, I kneel and pray
thank you Lord for a lovely day,
I try to be good, for I know that I should
that's my prayer at the end of the day

I've never forgotten it, because the words are so real - 'I try to be good, for I know that I should'. This is where we are at times, trying to be good because we know that we should. However, when we attempt this, many times we end up making a blunder and we feel a heavy weight of condemnation upon us that is so hard to free ourselves from.

But, 'There is therefore now, no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.' Romans 8:1. Don't fall for the lies the devil will throw at us. It doesn't matter how long we have been a Christian, we can still fall for this lie, 'He'll never forgive you now, you've blown it. You might as well give it all up.' Don't listen to this old codswallop - it's a lie.

We have a promise, as our text shows us today, that we can be confident that the work He has begun in us, He will continue until He returns for us. He knows how hard it can be at times but we must keep pressing on to obtain that crown.

De Garmo & Key, a Christian band from the 90's, wrote and sang a song called 'I'm accepted'. Some of the lyrics go like this:

I'm accepted, accepted
I'm accepted by the One who matters most.

If you think you're a loser, when you fail it seems, at everything you do
just remember there's a Saviour and you are worth enough, He gave His life for you.

I'm accepted, accepted
I'm accepted by the One who matters most

                                                                      Copyright 1990 De Garmo & Key

We won't be perfect or fully functioning as Jesus intended us to be, until He has finished His work in us. However, we are ordained to be His witness on this earth, no matter how many mistakes we may make because, we are accepted by the One who matters most.

Now stand up straight, hold your head up high and get on with what your friend, Jesus, has given you to do. 

Copyriight 2020 Grahame Howard

*If you would like to contact me, then please send me an email😄

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...