Friday 29 January 2021

'I can do this'

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness'. Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
                                                                                                              2 Corinthians 12:9    NKJV

Reuben Morgan wrote and sang:

'Let the weak say I am strong, Let the poor I am rich.
Let the blind say I can see, it's what the Lord has done for me.
Hosanna, Hosanna, to the Lamb who was slain
Hosanna, Hosanna Jesus died and rose again'

                                                                  Copyright Rueben Morgan Hillsongs Music.

There is not a thing that we need to be anxious about when you come to think about it. Jesus has paved the way for every conceivable thing that we will need; every situation that we will be in and for every danger that may come up against us. This is why Paul was able to write these words in 2 Corinthians, 'My grace is sufficient for you.' Paul knew what it was like to suffer and he knew the cost of following Jesus but when Jesus spoke these words to him, he was able to make the declaration that he would rather boast about his infirmities so that the power and the peace of God rested upon him.

Can you say that this morning? Some of you are going through quite a difficult time at the moment and may be at your wits end. I can hear the phrase, 'When is this all going to end, I don't know how much more I can take'? Money problems, employment issues, sickness, marital pressure and add to this Lockdown; it really is a hard time and there doesn't appear to be a way though at the moment. But this is not the time to give up. It is not the time to stop praying, reading your bible or allowing things to drag you down. There is hope and you need to grasp hold of that nugget. Don't be tempted to say things such as, 'Yes, hopefully, things will get better.'  
That statement is so negative and very close to a wish. Put the phrase into a biblical fashion  and say, 'Hope-fully; I will hope-fully in the Lord. I will trust in Him even if things get worse. My hope is fully in Him. This is turning the negative 'hopefully', into a powerful word. You are declaring that you will hope-fully in the Lord, that He will deliver you.

2 Corinthians 12:10 says, 'Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities; in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.' The Message version states, 'The weaker I get, the stronger I become.' The secret is taking your eyes off what is around you and what is happening and looking to Jesus. He is the one who can change this. I'll go a step further, He is the one who will rescue you and turn things around. But you must turn and ask Him to help. He has angels all around you and they are just waiting to be set free to deliver His word. You have the power to set them free by calling on Jesus.

'Lord, I pray a blessing on my brothers and my sisters who are reading this today. Whatever is happening in their lives, I ask You to comfort and bless them and give them the knowledge to know, without doubt, that Your grace is sufficient for all of us.  Amen.

Copyriight 2021 Grahame Howard

*If you would like to contact me, then please send me an email😄















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...