Saturday 17 April 2021

Just be content

"1 Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious  of the workers of iniquity. 2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb."       
                                                                                                            Psalm 37:1-2      NKJV

It seems at times, that we Christians get all the flak, the heartaches, the discrimination and the 'second bests', while others who do not believe and have no desire to believe also, have the fancy lifestyles, big house, fat bank balances and live like kings and queens. It can be easy to envy them or feel bad about it. However, as we saw the other day, whatever a person has now, will remain here, they cannot take it with them. 

I remember a few years ago, when I was fired from a job by my boss. It was a week before I was to be married and for no reason whatsoever, he told me that he didn't need me any longer. I had done nothing wrong, in fact, I had been diligent in my job and worked very hard, for very little pay. I was gutted. A few weeks after we were married, I received a telephone call from the head office of where I had worked. They felt that I had been unfairly treated and asked me to re-join them and the first thing they wanted me to do was to go to the office where I had worked and sack the manager who had fired me and replace him. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't a Christian at that time, but I believe that God had witnessed the unfairness of it all and honoured my hard work.

We do not have to be envious of what another person has. We do not have to try to compete or pay back a wrong. God is our secret weapon. He will avenge any wrong against us as long as we leave it to Him. Romans 12:19.  People may  feel that they are  champions, they have reached the pinnacle of success. However, they fail to recognise that it can be taken off them in the blinking of an eye.

There is no need to fret and worry about anything. If we allow God to be the first place in our life, He will take care of what we put into His hand. He will feed us, clothe us and bless us beyond our wildest dreams. Matthew 6:33 & John 10:10b. He is for us - totally. Worry causes disease; it can kill; it gives us sleepless nights and heartache and fear. Jesus offers peace John 14:27, and really, that's all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...