Tuesday 6 April 2021

When will I get this right?

"I want to do what is right, but I can't. I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."         Romans 7:18-19    New Living Translation

What a struggle the Christian life can be at times. We know what we should do but end up doing what we shouldn't. It's an ongoing battle between our human nature and our Spiritual one, and one that will follow us all of our Christian lives.

Charles R Swindoll says:

'Every Christian I know can identify with Paul's honest admission. You and I may have a new master, but sin is still there within us, still crouching near the door, ready to pounce. The battle is so relentless, so ruthless, it sometimes gets depressing - which may have been the very reason Paul finally let it all out: "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death". Romans 7:24.
                                             Flying Closer to the Flame Copyright 1993 Charles R Swindoll

You are not unique when it comes to committing sin. We all fall to it. The thing is, to not be taken over by it in our thoughts by wanting to give up. We belong to Jesus and we will never surrender!  
We have a Saviour in Jesus, who died on the cross for each one of us, who took our sins and placed them under the blood. Yes, we will have those times, but we will always have Jesus, who, as we confess our sin (1 John 1:9) will always forgive us.

Copyriight 2021 Grahame Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...