Thursday 8 July 2021

Joy

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."                                                           Psalm 16:11    NKJV 



God's intention is for us to serve Him with joy in our hearts and lives - always. Let's face it, there is a lot of misery and upset around. There's also confusion and fear over the imminent removal of Covid restrictions later this month, in the UK. This all leads to agitation and unrest.

David tells us, that in God's presence is fullness of joy. This means blessings and comfort and incredible strength, because to walk in joy means, we walk in strength. This is how God wanted the Israelites to live in the wilderness. Moses told them, 'Because you did not serve the LORD Your God with joy and gladness of heart for the abundance of everything 48 therefore, you shall serve your enemies whom the LORD will send against you' Deuteronomy 28:47-48. All the Israelites did was moan, groan and criticise God, Moses and all they were given. They were never satisfied. Joy was available because they were no longer in bondage, they were free. However, they were stubborn in their ways.

David gives us some sound advice here in Psalm 16:8-9, of how to walk in joy. He says, 

'I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore, my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope'

Like David, we also should set the Lord before us. Jesus should always be in first place. When we set Him this way, He is right there with us, guiding our paths and protecting our steps. We can then echo what David says, 'I shall not be moved.'

Allow God to bless you like He desires to; walk in joy each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...