Friday 17 September 2021

A seed has been sown

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"    
                                                                                                      Romans 10:17     NKJV


Before you were saved a seed had been sown by someone, for you. Think back on your life before Jesus, there may have been Sunday school, a 'religious' relation or someone standing on the street evangelising and the words just seemed to touch you. I remember back to my childhood. I went to Sunday school for a short time, that is, until I was asked to leave for disrupting the place. Then when I was in the army, we were given a New Testament when we joined up. I also remember having to sit in a room while speakers from the Gideon Society preached to us and afterwards, gave us a little New Testament. I never read it at the time but when I was in serious need, that was the first thing I went to. Strange that, because I hadn't a clue what I was reading, or even why.

From my point of view, to admit that you had read a bible, been to church or even prayed, was such an embarrassment and provoked peer pressure. I am sure that I am not alone with this. I also remember, when I had left the army and the bottom had fallen out of my world, a vicar knocking on my cottage door offering help if I needed it. But again, because of embarrassment, I declined the offer. Strange though, after this I was drawn to go to his church in the village but embarrassment stopped me. All this time, seeds had been sown until the day that I accepted Jesus as my Saviour.

You may relate to something like this. You may also have people in your family who are not saved and refuse to even accept this. Be at peace and just pray for them. By speaking the Word of God over them, you are actually sowing a seed into their life and one day, that seed will bud and become fruitful. Don't give up. Someone may have prayed for you and even though there was a mighty struggle, Jesus still had His way and you came into His kingdom. So will they, just be patient.
Check out Habakkuk 2:3, 'For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.' As you pray for someone, picture them to be saved, picture them as such and hang on to this vision each time you pray. Your prayers will be answered. You are sowing a seed and it will come to fruition at the right time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...