Thursday 23 September 2021

It will be ok

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."    Isaiah 41:10     NKJV 


The popular singer/songwriter, Keith Green before his untimely death, wrote these words in his song 'When I hear the praises start'

'My precious bride, the day is nearing, when I'll take you in My arms and hold you
I know there's many things that you've been hearing, but you just hold on to what I have told you.'                                                                                       Copyright Keith Green

The message is clear, there are so many things around us that point to hatred and ungodly actions, but just hold on to what God has told you. No matter what has happened to you or is happening all over the place, just hang on to Gods word. There are wars, famines, earthquakes, terrorism, murders, rapes and many other types of evil going on around us. However, as Jesus told us in Mark 13, this does not point to the end times, they are just the birth pains.

You may have been wronged just lately and hurt pretty badly, however God is with you and He will strengthen and help you. We are living in a time of greed where people are more concerned with themselves than with others, Take for instance when there is a rumour of a food shortage; people are in the supermarkets grabbing whatever they can and it can be close to war as they battle to do so. However, just think for a moment, you are special in God's eyes. Whatever is happening around you or directly to you, He is there right beside you and He will honour you.

Just lately, things may have been bad for you with things not going well at home, college or at work. But they are not the end for you, these are birth pains and before you know it, you will be delivered from them. People may not believe you and tell you basically, that it is stupid to believe in God. But you just hold on to what He has told you. He never lies and He is forever with you and will see you through this dilemma. 

Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...