Friday 8 October 2021

Why has this happened Lord?

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, 'You are my God.' 15 My times are in Your hands."                                                                                  Psalm 31:14-15    NKJV 


As Christians, we fully trust God yes? We trust Him with everything - our life, money, family and our job. So why do we ask "Why?' when things begin to go wrong? In fact, why do these  things go wrong? Why do tragic things happen to us and why do we lose our job when we have always been faithful in our work? Why do bad things happen to us when all around, unbelievers appear to be living so well? Why?

Well, in answer to these questions, we first of all need to ask, why did God allow Jesus to suffer so much? Why did He allow Him to be mentally and physically tortured and hung on a cross in agony? Why? God is majestic, He can do anything; why then, didn't He choose to handle things differently. Surely He could have worked it that Jesus didn't have to suffer so much. People say, it was for our sin. Then why? Why couldn't God have come up with another plan? Why?

The answer to all of this is, we just don't know why God  chose Jesus' fate and why people have to suffer so much. Personally, I was healthy until I became a Christian. I was miraculously healed overnight of illness, and this is my testimony. So why then, did I have more sickness, one major, and wasn’t healed. Why, I don’t know. However, what I do know, is that although there are questions that none of us can answer, easily, one thing I do know is that He is a most loving God and cares for each one of us more than we could ever imagine.

David had lots of similar questions to ask God, read Psalm 31 and you'll see. Yet, He was still able to praise God; He was still able to say that he trusted in Him and stated that his life was in God's hands, and he was grateful for this fact. He had no answers to his pleas of 'Why?' Yet, he was still able to praise God, 'Blessed be the LORD, for He has shown me His marvellous kindness in a strong city' Psalm 31:21. There is a lesson for us here. Things may become grim and we may feel that everything is against us and that God doesn't appear to be around. But He is and He has a plan. Stop trying to find out why things have happened to you and start to have David's attitude; praise and more praise and be grateful that what God had in mind when Jesus died on the cross for us, gave us life to live - eternally. One day, we will fully grasp this benefit.

Thank you Jesus!

Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...