Monday 6 December 2021

How?

"With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."   
                                                                                                     Matthew 19:26    NKJV

Time after time, we are faced with the question: 'How can I do this, it is impossible, I'm only one person?' Well, that is not strictly true, you are one person but have three person's living within you - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. So really, you are one person with three other person's to help you. We tend to forget this very important piece of information. So therefore, you can confidently declare, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' Philippians 4:13. In addition to this, Jesus told Paul (and us too) 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness' 2 Corinthians 12:9. Paul was so enthusiastic about this information, that he went on to say, 'For when I am weak, then I am strong' v10. And so are you. You may be feeling weak at this time; you may be worrying about how a certain thing can be approached or accomplished. It is normal to feel concern at times like this. However, you need to  claim the promises that God has given you. The whole force of God dwells within you and He is ready and willing to help you, if you'll ask Him.

All of us need to tap into the knowledge that God is for us, not against us. He is not some great, unapproachable ogre that wants to dominate and bully us into submission; not at all. He is our friend and as we walk in relationship with Him, He shows us His love and companionship. Read and digest this next verse: 'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand'  Isaiah 41:10.  
Now personalise it as I have done:

 'I will not fear anything because You are with me Lord, I need not be dismayed at all, because You are my God. I know that You will strengthen me and I am confident that You help me. I know that You will take hold of me with Your righteous right hand, which signifies justice, power, victory and salvation'

Make this a personal prayer whenever you can, especially on the days when you lack confidence or face a difficult time and are thinking, 'how?' You are special to God, this is why He chooses to dwell with you

Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard.                                 
Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers
Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...