Sunday 29 May 2022

God wants your attention

"You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand - you don't require burnt offerings or sin offerings. 7 Then I said, 'Look, I have come.' As it is written about me in Scriptures; 8 'I take joy in doing Your will, my God, for Your instructions are written on my heart."    Psalm 40:6-8   New Living Translation 


God wasn't interested in David offering sacrifices and offerings; He wanted his heart - his daily presence. Every parent delights in the presence of their children and God, is no different. Yet, many times this is neglected.

We lead busy lives. There is always something to be done, whether it is work, shopping, mowing the lawn or the many meetings we become involved in. Therefore, the one who matters most - Jesus, is left out of the equation and limited to a few moments of prayer, or a glimpse of scripture while we multi-task.

Think for a moment, how does God feel about this? You become upset when you don't see enough of your grown up children, don't you think He feels the same? God gave up His beloved Son Jesus, to that cruel cross. He did it so that we, His beloved children, could have a rock solid future. He gave us everything and yet, we only give Him a few minutes before we dash off into the day. Many days, we don't even give Him this, because we are so busy.

'Well, thank you Lord that You are so faithful. We hurt You quite a lot, but You never give up on us'. This statement needs to be close to our heart because, He is so faithful, but the truth is, we need to give Him much more of our time. He wants our attention. David realised this and said, 'Lord, I have come - I take joy in doing Your will, my God, for Your instructions are written on my heart' v7-8.

Consider what David said here. He was saying, 'Lord, I give You all of me; my life is Yours.' Ponder this and then determine that he is going to have the first part of your day, even if it means getting up earlier. As you commit yourself to a regular daily, quiet time with Jesus, you will find that your days are more planned out; you will accomplish much more and, you will be less stressed out. Make this your daily exercise plan.

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...