Tuesday 18 October 2022

Return to Your Father

"And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.  21And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son."  V20 of  Luke 15:11-32   NKJV

Jesus told a parable about a father and his two sons. One was stable in his ways, dedicated to helping out on the farm, while the other son had itchy feet. He longed to see what the world had to offer in the cities. He therefore, asked his father for his share of the inheritance that he and his brother were entitled to. His father complied and set off on his new adventure.
However, when he had squandered all of his money living life in the fast lane, with his newly found friends, he was nothing but a pauper. He found a job feeding pigs, a livestock hated by the Jews, and he recognised that the pigs ate better than he did. He finally decided to go back home to his father and repent. His father had been hoping for his return and looked for him everyday. When he saw him in the distance, he ran to him, kissed and hugged him and welcomed him home. The Prodigal hardly had the chance to repent, he was so loved v20-24. This describes beautifully, how our Father - God Himself, searches for us when we are far a way from Him. He longs for your return and will welcome you with open arms and blessing.

You may not have have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, or you may have known Him and walked away just like the Prodigal did. The lure of worldly things can be so tempting but when the chips are down, no one wants to know, you're basically on your own. The Prodigal found this out. While his money lasted, he was a 'Splendid chap', but when it had all gone, he became 'Billy no- mates',

You may be like this; you've tried everything the world has to offer and found out that it is not what you thought it would be like. You may be down on your luck with not a friend in the world. Someone, you loved dearly may have broken your heart and you feel shattered. But deep down, something is drawing you; you may have a desire to visit a church but you are sure that they won't accept you. Let me just say that, whatever you have done, Jesus Christ will accept you and give you a brand new start. He has been waiting and looking for you. Why not come to Him now!

'Lord Jesus, I feel so lonely and depressed. Will you help me please? I feel all alone with no future but, I have a hope in You. I have burdens and fears that weigh me down but, deep down I know You can help me. Please come into my life and forgive my sins and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I give myself to You now. Amen

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...