Tuesday 6 December 2022

You are never too old

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."               2 Corinthians 5:17    NKJV 

God is not ageist. If he was, He wouldn't have used Moses who was 80 years of age when he started his work for God. He most certainly would not have used Abraham who was approaching 100, or others such as the 80 year old Caleb. Praise God that He was not into ageism because, if He had have been, we would have been nowhere.

Sadly, ageism crops up in most places today. It can be found in local churches, where it can be all about youth. It can also be found in a lot of workplaces and in the media contracts come to an end and are not renewed, leaving the person feeling like a reject. You may have come up against ageism yourself and although you feel that you have so much more to give, there is nowhere to give it. But there is!

Some older people, have the 'I'm too old' mentality. If you think like this, you will be and people will notice and accept it. You are never too old for what God has in store for you, you just need to seek God. 
I myself came to a place where I was no longer chosen to preach. This hurt, after many years of speaking from a pulpit. I spoke to God about this and, He said very clearly: 'If you can't preach it - write it'. I was quite bewildered over this and felt, how on earth can I 'write it'; and this was where 'Daily Life with Jesus' was born. I now write everyday for Jesus and the blog goes all over the world. I love every minute it because, I know that I am in God's will, and with Him, I'll never be too old.

And it's the same with you. God may not call you to write a daily commentary like He did me but, He may suggest a book. The thing is, you'll never know until you ask Him. You see, with God, you are never redundant, there is no unemployment in the Kingdom of God. So, if you're feeling unused and sitting on the sub's bench, seek Him and ask. He has plans for you that you could never have dreamed about. You may feel that you are 'past it' but, when you get in the right frame of mind and spend time with God, He will show you a way where there wasn't one before. In fact, He may make a way just for you.

Are you excited about this? Has this stirred your spirit? If so, you need to seek God.

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...