Monday 2 January 2023

And then 'Suddenly

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind."   
                                                                                                                  Acts 2:2    NKJV 

The 'Suddenly's' figure in most people's lives from time to time. Everything can appear peaceful, when 'suddenly' something happens. Do you know what I mean? I remember one of these 'Suddenly's' a few years ago. I was walking along the seashore with my dog during Storm Brian, when 'Suddenly' the dog broke free and tried to run into the water. Well, it couldn't really be described as water but a raging torrent with very high waves. I rushed to pick him up and 'Suddenly,' the biggest wave I've ever encountered swept over me and dragged me out to sea. By the time I realised what was happening, I was in deep water about forty feet from the shore, The tide took me back to shore and before I could get out, it dragged me back out again. This went on for a few minutes and I didn't think I was going to get out. 'Suddenly,' there was a woman there, from nowhere and she took my hand and pulled me out.

That was a scary 'Suddenly' I can tell you. Thankfully, not all 'Suddenly's' are like that. The Apostles were sitting in the upper room when 'Suddenly' there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind.' The power of God came upon them with tongues of fire and their lives were changed forever. In fact, that day, more than 3000 souls were saved. That is a great 'Suddenly'.

Like we've seen, 'Suddenly's' can come when we are least expecting them. We can be broke one minute and rich the next, all in the blink of an eye. You may be at work, at home or minding your own business, when all of a 'Sudden,' God turns up. It can be exciting but also scary too. 

We can encounter both positive or negative 'Suddenly's'. Some may have an accident or be taken very ill quite quickly. We never know what's around the corner. Therefore, we need to make the best of what we have got. Life can change quite 'Suddenly'.

The great thing though, as Christians, we know that God has our back. He is watching our every move and, as we involve Him daily in our lives, He will guide and protect us. He is our Shepherd (Psalm 23).

Today, determine that you are going to live every moment walking in the power of God. Everywhere you go, everything you say, allow Jesus access to each moment. Then, when the 'Suddenly's' turn up, you will be more in control of what happens.

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 




































   
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...