Saturday 14 January 2023

Live in Peace (3)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."       John 14:27  NKJV

Continuing with our small series on peace, let us look at this verse. Jesus has left His peace with us. He knows that the world's peace is fragile and counterfeit at many times. His peace is eternal and helps us to cope with whatever we may face. If you remember from yesterday, the disciples were panicking because their boat was in a storm. However, Jesus was asleep, quite comfortable and not troubled at all. When the disciples woke Him up, he calmed the storm by addressing the peace of the world and it had to obey. Therefore, this confirms what he says in the above verse.

We are not to be troubled in our heart. If Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, then He is our peace as well but we need to receive it and live in it, refusing to allow the troubles of the world to hurt or torment us. Be careful though; Jesus doesn't promise the absence of storms in our lives because, they will come from time to time. What He does promise is, His peace in the midst of the storm, which is all we need - 'and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus' Philippians 4:7. Then, we must take note of Colossians 3:15, 'And let the peace of God rule in your hearts.' Don't miss the key part of this verse - the word 'Let'.  We can also see this in our text for today 'Let not' Paul and Jesus are telling us here, to make sure that we allow the peace of God to rule in our hearts and to avoid the risks that the troubles of the world bring when they invade our minds and trip us up.

At the end of the day, it is down to us. We know the rules and must must abide by them. Jesus has made it possible that we can live our lives in His peace and have the strength to not take on the troubles of the world. Oh they will attack, of course they will. They will try and take over our daily life. It's the same for everyone of us. However, we have the choice to live our lives in the peace of God, the way He intended it to be.
At this time, if you are troubled by worldly matters and feel that you have no peace in your life, can I encourage you to say this prayer with me:

'Lord Jesus, You have given us Your peace and encourage us to avoid the troubles of the world. However, I need help with this:..................................................................
It is draining me Lord but, as I surrender this to You right now, please give me the strength to take Your Word to my heart and live life as You want me to. I believe You Lord, I just need You to help me to believe even more.
In Jesus' name, Amen.'

Now receive this peace and live your life accordingly.

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2












 






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...