Wednesday 22 February 2023

Why Lord; why is this happening?

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say 'You are my God.' 15 'My times are in Your hand."                                                              Psalm 31:14-15.  NKJV  

How many times have you and I been in situations where we cry out: 'Why Lord, why is this happening?' Many times I know. At times, situations appear so difficult; so hard and distressing that, we just can't see a way through. All we feel is sheer frustration. 
David felt this way. You can hear his heart as you read through this Psalm. Just to read what he says in verse 4: Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me.'  And then verses 9-10: 'Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble; my eyes waste away with grief, Yes, my soul and my body! 10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones waste away.' This is just a short testimony of what David was going through. However, he still found a way to praise and thank God, even though he was in grief and heartache. He knew that throughout trials, God would provide a refuge - a stability in a broken world. And this is why he could declare: 'But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say 'You are my God. My times are in Your hand.'

And you can do the same because, Jesus knows how you feel. He knows the pressures and the heartache. He knows that you give more to people than what they give you back. He knows; He understands. Even though you can't understand what is happening at the moment; why you have to cry out, Why Lord?' He is right beside you and will not move away and as you begin to realise the full meaning of our text today, He will give you the strength to travel through this time.

This is the time when, perhaps you need to consider strongly, the thought of surrender. Hear me properly, I'm not saying give up - not at all. What I am saying is, when you've tried everything you know; prayed every pray that is possible and gone without food and sleep because of this, perhaps it is time to prayerfully pray today's text from your heart and totally surrender to your friend Jesus. In other words, 'My times are in Your hand'.

One thing is for sure, God will bring you through this time - safely. He will use His staff to pull you out of the net you are in - the hole that is so deep, and He will take your hand and lead you back to safety and comfort (Psalm 23:4b). 

Just trust Him, He will come and give you rest.

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...