Wednesday 12 April 2023

Are you on benefits?

"Blessed be the LORD, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation"   Psalm 68:19   NKJV 

Our Father, gives us many benefits and the Lord Jesus, is willing to carry our burdens daily. Here, in this verse, the NKJV uses the word 'benefits', and this is correct because as our burdens are lifted from us we receive the benefit of being free and at peace.

If we look in Psalm 103 :1-5 we read:
'Bless the LORD O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the LORD O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases 
Who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness 
and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed 
like the eagle's.'     NKJV

Just check these benefits out and, by the way, they are not means-tested either:
As we read through this Psalm, we can say, 'I am forgiven, I am healed from the top of my head to the soles of my feet, I am redeemed, I am crowned with lovingkindness and tender mercies and I am satisfied with good things and my youth is renewed like the eagle's.'

I've highlighted all of these benefits in my bible and when I read the Psalm, I say 'I am healed etc. etc. It helps to speak out proclamations because we are confessing the truth upon ourselves. Our soul, which is made up of our mind, will and emotions, receives this and it is well with our soul. Don't ever forget these benefits which are given daily, rather like 'His compassions fail not, they are new every morning'  Lamentations 3:22-23.

The world gives with one hand and takes with another, rather like benefits from DSS. However, not with God, He gives and continues to give more and more. He just can't stop blessing each one of us. Aren't you glad that you belong to His family? Oh, and by the way, note this, His daily benefits are eternal, we even get to live in a mansion one day (John 14:2)

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...