Monday 17 April 2023

Spiritually healthy but Physically sick

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."                                 3 John v2   NKJV 

There are many believers in our world today who, despite their belief in Jesus, still remain  physically unwell. Some of these people are well known on the preaching circuit and God uses them to bring healing to many people and yet, they remain physically unwell. It is difficult to work this out. Have they not believed for their healing? Of course they have but, at this moment in time healing evades them.

Gaius was one of these people. He was a dear friend of the apostle John and may well have been converted under his ministry. John would write him many letters, however, this one was a stern one because things were not right within the church. The pastor, Diotrephes, was full of pride and wanted all of the praise and attention. This was of great concern to John, and one that he intended to give his attention to.

However, the initial concern for John was Gauis' health. His spiritual health was good but, his physical health was not so and this is why John wrote the words in verse 2:"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." This verse gives confirmation that a spirit-filled Christian can excel in his or her faith and yet suffer ill health. 

I, for one, was healed totally from Bells Palsy (my testimony) and yet suffered 10 years with Ulcerative Colitis - a chronic bowel complaint before I had to have an ileostomy because of the risk of cancer. Why didn't God heal me again? I don't know the answer. I was in spiritual health but my physical health was poor. Thankfully, I'm well now but, the trauma of it all was devastating. God just healed me in another way that I hadn't expected.

If you are in a similar situation - your spiritual health is good but your physical health is not so good, be encouraged; you have done no wrong. Healing may still come at some time. Don't give up but also don't beat yourself up thinking that you are demonised or have done some terrible thing that is blocking your healing. Just trust Jesus. Joni Eareckson Tada is still wheelchair bound but God, uses her regularly. Has it stopped her? No it hasn't, she kept on going and, this is what Jesus expects you to do as well.

Healing could be one minute away, then again, your condition may be permanent. Don't get me wrong, I know what the scriptures say about healing but, I haven't the answer to the 'Why hasn't it happened?'

Whatever else, remember Jesus calls you beloved. Keep on going!

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               















    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...