Monday 15 May 2023

His Faithful Promises

"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name"               Psalm 91:14 - 16  NKJV 

Today, we reach the end of our study on Psalm 91. This section is packed with promises that God is giving to each of us who trust and believe in Him. The word 'Love' in this first verse above, is not the usual one. This means to 'Cling to - to cleave to - to be passionate.' It was the word God had for His people, Israel. But today, it is transferred on to us because, we too, are God's people. He clings to us, cleaves to us and is passionate towards us.

With this love, He promises to deliver us and set us on high because we have known His name (14). He promises to answer us when we call on Him. Furthermore, He will be with us in trouble and deliver and honour us (v15). And there is much more - the best, with long life He will satisfy us and show us His salvation. These are only a few of God's promises but for today, I believe they are fitting. Some of you reading this, have been disillusioned by your spiritual life. Your church life is going nowhere and you don't appear to be growing in your walk. God doesn't seem to listen to you anymore - not like He used to. If this is so, God hasn't changed so, it has to be you. What has caused you to feel this way? Has sin got in the way? If it has, it will block your communion with God. Stop it, confess it and move on.

Perhaps you need a spiritual battery charge, a touch of power to get you on the way again. Perhaps there may be other issues that are standing in the way and whatever you have tried, nothing has changed. Well today, we will pray and blow that blockage out of the way. You may have turned away from God but know you need to return, well this is also for you. Perhaps you have never known Jesus but are being drawn to Him right now. If so, you have your chance too, right now:

Lord Jesus, my heart is heavy with problem after problem. I feel lonely, bored and left out of things. I used to pray and be sold out for Jesus but now, I feel that I'm on the scrapheap. I don't even hear you anymore and know that I have walked away from you. Please forgive me; I return to you right now and ask you to give me that spiritual battery charge. Thank you Jesus, I am yours.
For me Lord, I've never known you but, today I want to give my life to You. Please accept me Lord.
I dedicate and rededicate my life to You right now. Jesus please forgive me my sin. I'm sorry Lord. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit and be my Lord and Saviour. I confess that I am yours to use as you see fit, please help me to achieve all You want from me. 
In Jesus' Name. Amen

You are now dedicated or rededicated to Jesus. Get a bible and read it, get some daily bible notes, read this daily blog and just enjoy Daily Life with Jesus.

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               













 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...