Monday 10 July 2023

Your Forever Friend

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.   
                                                                                                                Hebrews 12:1  NLT

The Christian singer/songwriter Charlie Landsborough, wrote this beautiful song. Here's part of it:
MY FOREVER FRIEND
Even when I turn away, He cares for me, His love no one can shake
Even as I walk away He's by my side, with every breath I take
And sometimes I forget Him, my halo fails to shine
Sometimes I'm not His friend, but He is always mine

He's my forever friend, my leave me never friend
From darkest night to rainbows end
He's my forever friend
Copyright 1994 Charlie Landsborough

Many things threaten to trip us up during our walk with Jesus. But like long distance runners preparing for a race, we need to strip away everything that is going to bear us down, so we can run the race effectively. Therefore, choose friends wisely, drop activities that do not promote your faith and get help with addictions that disable you. Jesus is the champion of our faith so, therefore, He is our mentor, the one we model ourselves on. Like the song above, He is your forever friend. You may walk away and you may let Him down but He is always there to give you encouragement and a helping hand. 

When we become involved in things that we shouldn't be involved in, He does not walk away from us; instead His love reaches out to us as if He is saying, 'I am here, just take My hand.' He doesn't point the finger at us or give us the silent treatment. He just puts His arm around us (if we'll let Him), and He gently talks us through our errors but builds us up with His enthusiasm also. He never casts us aside as if we're a hopeless case. He remains faithful to the end.
Why is this? Because He's OUR FORVER FRIEND. He's the one who gave us
a brand new start and has guaranteed us a glorious finish

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

LIf you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...