Friday 29 September 2023

Give God your stony heart

"And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony stubborn heart and give you you a tender responsive heart."  Ezekiel 36:26  NLT 

Yesterday, we looked at God breathing new life into our dried up bones. Today, He wants to give you a new heart, a new spirit and take out your stony stubborn heart. When we say that God wants to put a new spirit within us, it is a new bounce to our spiritual walk. We already have the Holy Spirit within, if we are born again; but our own spirit, may be worn out or lacking any kind of power. God wants to change this, if you're willing. This is what He wanted to do for the Israelites when Jeremiah spoke with them.

You may be tired of letting God down each day and God offers a way out of this but, it will cost. It will mean giving up all those things that you know shouldn't be in your life. That's the hard bit. When we're in our home, we are literally behind closed doors and no one can see what we do or hear what we say. However, God does; there is no escape. So perhaps it is time for a spiritual check up.

King David underwent this after Nathan revealed to him that God knew of his adultery:  

'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous spirit.'  Psalm 51:10-12. NKJV

We need to be cleansed from within, filling our hearts and spirits with new thoughts and desires. This can only come from a clean heart. We know when we have let God down badly, it can't be hidden and we begin to feel awful until we repent. So, when we keep doing the same things over and over, we need this deep cleansing and this can only come from God.

Make a check list of all the things that you fall down on and pray Psalm 51:10-12 through as you do. Repent and ask for God's mercy and grace to help you over this hurdle, and speak life to your body. Remember, you will be praying according to God's will so this is His wish. Do this now and if you have drifted away from God or, you have never be born again, pray the prayer below for your salvation. 

Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...