Wednesday 11 October 2023

Don't harden your heart

"Today when you hear His voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled, when they tested Me in the wilderness"   Hebrews 3:7-8   NLT 

Hard heartedness can be the results of a strict upbringing, a time when a person had to deal with certain abuse and there was no God to come to the rescue. It may have left a spirit of stubbornness and a feeling that there is no God. Sadly this is the way many people live.

When God was bringing the Israelites out of Egypt to the Promised Land, people would not trust Him. They were ungrateful and wanted to go back to Egypt where they at least, had somewhere to lay their head. They moaned and groaned and were continually stubborn towards Moses directions: 
'The LORD says, "Don't harden your hearts as Israel did at Meribah, as they did at Massah in the wilderness. 9 For there your ancestors tested  and tried my patience, even though they saw everything I did. 10 For 40 years I was angry with them, and I said, they are a people whose hearts turn away from Me. They refuse to do what I tell them. 11 So, in My anger I took an oath; They will never enter My place of rest." Psalm 95:8-11  NLT

God is giving us all a warning - an admonishment and we need to heed this. We can all become stubborn when we are angry or hurt. Some people can wear a mask and when in the presence of others, can use this to put-on a happy and agreeable face. Yet, deep down they may be in disagreement with something but, don't want to speak the issue out in case, others think bad of them Other are just, full in the face, moaners and complainers. They do this about everything, no matter what and don't mind others witnessing this. In fact, they will try to get a few on their side. God's not impressed.

A church needs harmony, brothers and sister need to get on with each other and if they have a gripe about something within the fellowship, book an appointment with the pastor. Until then. keep quiet about it, otherwise, your hardened heart, will become even harder.
Remember, wherever there is strife and disruption within a fellowship, the devil is sitting right there in the middle stirring it up even more. Don't let him have his way, evict him right now!

I never like to end without giving someone the opportunity to ask Jesus into their life, or, re-dedicate their life. If that is you, pray this prayer and please let me know:

Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...