Friday 24 November 2023

Amazing things are ahead

"Look around the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it."   
                                              Habakkuk 1:5   NLT

Wow, what an amazing verse! It explains those times when we feel like God isn't helping us. He is, but we can't see it until He has done it, and when He has, we stand absolutely amazed and astounded. 
Habakkuk had complained to God. He had asked why the wicked in Judah were not being punished for their sin. He just couldn't understand why a just God  would allow such evil to exist. However, Habakkuk didn't realise that God already had a plan and, He was working on it.
It's easy to believe that when things around us are  unbearable, that God has forgotten us, but, He hasn't. Remember yesterday's reading? Sometimes we have to wait, not because God delights in making us wait; not at all. But, because He is hatching a superb plan and when He activates it, it will be a winner and you will, be amazed. 
He's in control, there is no doubt about that. Just look at that verse again and personalise it, something like this:

'As I look around my part of this world, I am going to see something, that will make me amazed. God is doing something for me and, I am going to see this when He is ready. If someone came and told me what was going to happen, I wouldn't believe them, it is too astonishing. But, because God has told me, I believe it because He is the Truth.'
Now try and focus on this personal statement you have made; write in your bible or notebook, date it and watch and pray. Put it together with the words of Habakkuk 2:2-3:
'Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.'   NKJV

This is a promise, a Living Word, a special one, and if this is for you, seize hold of it, believe it, pray it in and receive it. You'll know if it is for you because you will feel a pounding in your heart, rather like excitement. In fact, we all have unanswered prayers and are waiting for God to reveal the answers. Therefore, whatever you have prayed and are waiting for, receive it today. This is an exciting time for us all.

If you are not born again and want to be, here I’ll below is a prayer of salvation:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...