Monday 29 January 2024

You'll get what you confess

"For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me."                                                                               Job 3:25  NKJV

If we're not careful, we can speak or think ourselves into something that we don't wish to happen. Job had become like this. This is why he said this in the verse above. One can actually get what they confess. To give an example, how many times do we hear someone say, 'I feel awful, I think I'm coming down with the flu.' And then, not long after this, they have the flu. We need to be careful when we say things like, 'My back's killing me'. We may have a bad back but to confess it, is not faith, and it's definitely not the right thing to confess that it is killing you. Some people may say that this is splitting hairs. To them, it may be, but Job soon saw the horror of what he had been saying and thinking.

When we speak and think in such a way we are going down the road of Self-Fulfilling Prophecy as described below: 
'A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that comes true at least in part as a result of a person's or group of persons' belief or expectation that said prediction would come true.[1] This suggests that people's beliefs influence their actions. The principle behind this phenomenon is that people create consequences regarding people or events, based on previous knowledge of the subject.'     (Wikipedia) 
We need to be so careful about what we think and say.

Self-Fulled Prophecy can happen in your mind or in reality. Let me explain - to believe something is happening when we have no evidence about it, is suspicion. However, it can become worse when it is all we think of and get ourselves into such a state of worry, where it is no longer suspicion, but fact. We believe it is true, and as time goes by it may well be, because we go looking for it and refuse any other explanation.

People can say, 'I can't go to Uni, I'd never make the grades and I would only make a fool of myself." If you believe that way, you probably would. It's natural to believe that we are not sure if we can do something but, that doesn't mean we should give up on the idea. When David faced Goliath, if he had started to believe that he couldn't slay him and would probably die, then he would not have had the victory. As soon as Goliath's taunts came to his ears, if he had believed them, he would have either ran away like the other Israelites, or he would have been killed. But he believed in God and confessed this: 'I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand and I will strike you and take your head from you.'  1 Samuel 17:45-46.
If David had confessed fear and doubt, he would have been killed. But he didn't, he confessed victory. He refused to confess fear or doubt. And so should you.
You are a member of God's Army. Stand tall in this fact and never again confess doubt. You need to confess victory in all you do. This leads to faith.

 If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...