Thursday 29 February 2024

Watch where the boomerang hits!

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."  
                                                        Matthew 7:1-2  NKJV

Pointing the finger at someone can be so easy, we do it all the time. It's called judging, and when we judge someone, it springs back on us. It's rather like throwing a boomerang; throw it properly and it will come whizzing back to you. One has to be careful that they are not decapitated when this happens. It is the same with judging someone; point the finger at them in a judging manner and sooner or later it will be turned back on you. It's called the boomerang effect.

How many times have you heard a sermon somewhere and you have thought, 'Hmm, such and such needs to hear this.' There may have been a call to raise the hands for prayer and you look round at this person and see their hands are down. You may begin willing them to raise their hands and go forward. Whatever may be true, you have no right to do this, it is called judging and if you don't want to be judged yourself, stop this. You may think, 'This is so unfair, I know for a fact that they have been up to no good, they're hypocrites.' Wrong, you are. Jesus told us not to judge, so what should you do? Don't judge. Just think for a moment, what are the things that you do that are hypocritical? What if someone was doing this to you? If you have solid evidence that something is wrong with this person/s, then take this to the leadership of the church. Don't speak to anyone else about it - that's called gossip. Just take it to the pastoral team and leave it with them. Your job is done - so forget it.

More than anything, we all need to search our hearts and consider if there is something in our hearts that are either wrong, or need adjusting. Try turning this into a prayer:
 
'Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxieties; 24 and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting'  Psalm 139:23-24

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...