Thursday 7 March 2024

Forgive like you were forgiven

"So My Heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from His heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses"     Matthew 18:35   NKJV

Think very carefully, is there someone in your life that you haven't forgiven? This person may have caused you great heartache and suffering. You may have felt wounded, ridiculed and heartbroken over someone's ruthless action towards you. You may say, 'That was years ago, I've forgotten that now.' No you haven't or you wouldn't still be thinking about it. Be honest, this person or people hurt you so badly that every now and again, it pops up to the surface of your memory and you begin to re-live that time. It is still raw and it still makes you angry and upset.

Max Lucardo comments on this area: 'Part of you is broken and the other part is bitter. Part of you wants to cry and part of you wants to fight. The tears you cry are hot because they come from your heart, and there is a fire burning in your heart. It's the fire of anger. It's blazing. It's consuming. Its flames leap up under a steaming pot of revenge. You are left with a decision: 'Do I put the fire out or heat it up? Do I get over it or get even?'                                Copyright Max Lucardo

To carry unforgiveness around leads us to allow the offence to take root and then, the bitterness is like a cancer that spreads all over our mind until, we trust no one, continually defend ourself and each time we either see this person or hear of them, bitterness and hatred rule within our hearts.
What would Jesus do here? I think you know the answer. He would encourage you to forgive that person and lay the incident to rest. Don't forget that Jesus expects you to forgive. He forgave you; what right have you to hold resentment within your heart and refuse to forgive them. 

Don't put things off, bring your hurts to the cross right now and confess:
'Lord, for too long I have refused to forgive................for the hurt and pain that was caused by them. Like you have forgiven me my sins and wrongdoings, I forgive.............now and release them and myself from the bondage I have created. In Jesus name. Amen

One more thing, if you have wronged someone, go to them now and confess it!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...