Thursday 18 April 2024

Walk in the flesh or in the Spirit - your choice!

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."  Romans 8:1. NKJV 

Have you ever tried to beat your body into submission? What I mean is, trying to make changes in the way you walk in Jesus. Yes, of course, you can easily make many changes but, the deeply rooted ones are impossible to move unless you involve Jesus. Romans 8:11 tells us, 'But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.' Therefore, when we have given our lives to Jesus, we have been born again, we belong to Him who raised us and our body is dead. Dr Tony Evans rubber stamps this: When you try to be better for God by getting more religious, you are kicking that dead body and trying to get it moving. It won't move.' The Tony Evans Bible Commentary

Dead bodies don't react whatever you do, it is dead. However, Jesus raised our body from death and we walk with Him in the Spirit from thereon, as long as our minds are fixed on Him and Spiritual things. Once we accept that our former life is over, we can begin to make some changes with Jesus' help. When your mind agrees with your spirit then you are spiritually minded. But when your mind agrees with your flesh, you are carnally minded v6. The problem is with our mind; we need to take control of it. So if you are having a problem in your walk with Jesus, check your mind - what do you think about and what do you watch on TV or video? Would you speak the way you do if Jesus was sitting beside you? Well, He is so you need to be careful. If your mind is set on the flesh then you will walk accordingly. If it is set on Jesus, you will walk in the Spirit. We have to choose, we can't have it both ways.

The more you try in your own strength to make changes such as discussed above, you will fail. You may go for so long but, you will not be able to maintain it. This is what Paul was saying in Romans 7 'For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled and bewildered by them]. I do not practice what I want to do, but I'm doing the very thing I hate [and yielding to my human nature, my worldliness - my sinful capacity]. Romans 7:15 Amplified Bible.

We need to ask Jesus to help us kick the flesh out of our mind, so that we can experience the abundant life God has promised, and He is waiting right now.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...