Sunday 28 April 2024

What is Jesus like? Part 1

"Love is very patient and kind, never boastful or proud, 5 never haughty, or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. 6 It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices when truth wins out. 7 If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him. 8...Love goes on forever."  1 Corinthians 13:4-8  The Living Bible

What is Jesus like? We've all wondered and may have pictured Him with long black or grey hair and a beard. Some people who obviously do not know Him, describe Him as the 'baby Jesus'. One thing He is not, and that is a baby. He is the warrior, truly God and wants to be your best friend - your forever friend. Some people have claimed to have seen God and I in no way dispute this, they may have. I have had visions of Him myself but, have never seen Him face to face. Moses did though. The first time, he heard God speaking from a burning bush and then throughout his ministry he mentions seeing Him. However, these were probably a Theophany, which is an appearance of God or a god - to a human being. A divine manifestation. But this is only my interpretation of what it says in scripture, Moses and some other people in our lifetime may well have seen Him. With God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

I personally believe that this scripture is a true interpretation of Jesus, together with Philippians 4:8. Let us remember that God is love (1 John 4:16).  Think about your own life, Jesus has never been impatient and unkind with you, has He? All the things that you have done wrong - daily, if you're like me, He is never irritable or touchy with us and He never holds a grudge, like we do quite often. What about when someone wrongs you however small it may be. You and I may throw a wobbly, making a massive mountain out of a tiny mole hill. Jesus doesn't. He notices, of course He does but, many times He remains quiet. Jesus is 100% loyal to each one of us. Can we say the same about how we are with certain people? Jesus believes in us and will not listen to accusations that are thrown at us until proven. Even then, He is faithful and never judgemental and when we repent, He chooses to forgive. He doesn't have a Record of Wrongs book. Have you got one? Before I was a Christian I had a library of them and even now, I am tempted to get the pen out and write things down. But I know if I do, Jesus will not be pleased and will remind me that He has always forgiven me, so I should them.

One thing Jesus does and I'm grateful for, is that He always thinks the best of me, whatever I do. And He is the same with you. Whatever you do, wherever you are, He remembers that you are His child, I wouldn't be surprised if He has a photo of you in His wallet. He adores you.

This description is only a small fraction of what Jesus is like. Put this together with Philippians 4:8 and you will begin to get a deeper understanding of Jesus. But there is much, much more that we can find out about Him each day. So keep looking!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...