Tuesday 30 April 2024

Where did you come from?

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus."  1 Timothy 1:12-14  NKJV 

Paul found mercy and forgiveness even after his intense persecution of the church. Therefore, God surely offers you, I and others salvation. He does this by His grace, which is God's undeserved love, unearned and freely given favour.
So, no matter what we did wrong, if we have repented Jesus has forgiven us and given us a new life 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away; behold all things have become new.'  2 Cor 5:17.
This is amazing news that Jesus counted us faithful, even though we got into all kinds of things. We may have been awful before we met with Jesus but, as we repented, He washed away the sin, the bad bits in our life and declared us His child. That is grace.

Surely this is something to shout about; to sing and praise God. Who else in this world would have been so kind to us, so loving? Many people gave up on us and walked away. Jesus didn't walk away, He walked towards us, this is the difference. Other people were ashamed of our behaviour, Jesus took our shame away. We longed for a new start in life and Jesus met this need when others said, 'No way'. His grace overflowed towards us.
Paul says that he was ignorant of his wrongdoings because of his unbelief. His eyes had not been opened to committing this sin. I agree with this, the things that I was involved in pre-Jesus, I too acted in unbelief. I did at times though, have something within me showing me that it was wrong. And I am sure Paul did too, in fact, all of us.

But now, we have this new life in Jesus. We have a hope for the future. Our insurance stamps have been paid up by Jesus and we can say with confidence that we have a place reserved in heaven when the time comes John 14:1-4. Through Jesus, you and I have a testimony to share with others. It is edifying to share this with fellow Christians but, it is far more worthwhile to share it with unbelievers. Many of them give us the opportunity by asking why we became a Christian. When they do, don't draw back in embarrassment. This may be the only chance they have to find Jesus. It is so important that we take the opportunities. After all, we have Good News to share. Everyone likes good news.

So, have a good day. Spend some time with Jesus and consider with Him what you have just read. And thank and praise Him.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...