Friday 19 July 2024

A New Thing. Part 2

“Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. 19Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."     Isaiah 43:18-19   NKJV

Paul said: 'Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.         
                                                                                                      Phil 3:13-14.
He was stating that he was not perfect yet but, he takes every opportunity (v12) to press on. This takes discipline and effort and it is never easy. But it is achievable, when you go in Jesus' strength. He makes it possible to reach your goal (New Thing). He gives us the choice.

But what does Paul say that we need to do to reach this New Thing? He tells us that we need to forget the past - leave them behind because they are 'Old' and we are reaching for the 'New' - the New Things. Check out an athlete when he is running on the track. His eyes are fixed on that tape (the goal/New Thing.) As he reaches it he thrusts his hand forward.
To Quote Tony Evans, he says, 'As long as you are attached to the past, you negate what God wants to do in your future. Learn from yesterday, don't live in it'.  Tony Evan Study Bible

When you visualise a desert it is hot and dry and you are practically in the middle of nowhere with nothing but sand to look at. God says, 'I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.' Isaiah 43:19. A road in the wilderness gives us a way through to freedom and rivers give us refreshment and another way out too. In fact, Jesus is giving us an open door:

'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: 8“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name'.  Rev 3:7-8. 

This perfectly compliments Isaiah 43:13  'Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?”

For each and everyone of us, if we have accepted Jesus into our lives, there is these promises. And for those who are not believers yet, there is an opportunity to correct this by ditching the Old thing and taking the New thing Jesus offers and walking through the door of salvation and future life. It makes so much sense.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Roll it over to the Lord

"Commit your works to the LORD and your thoughts will be established"                                                     Proverbs...