Wednesday 24 July 2024

Jesus knows

"But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men."   
                                                                                 John 2:23   NKJV

Jesus was becoming well-known and attracting many people to Himself. Many of these wanted to follow Him, but He didn't commit Himself to them because He knew what was in their heart - they wanted the fame and the glory of following someone who performs mighty miracles. Jesus was having none of that. He was not in this for profit but, for love and obedience to His Father.

Anyway, if they had followed Him, they would have soon lost interest when the miracles dried up for a time and they realised what it would cost to follow Jesus - self-denial, putting others first and service. They were glory seekers; but Jesus wanted men and women who were faithful followers and who were willing to give up all they had if need be.

Have you ever stopped and thought that Jesus knows your heart. He knows what you are thinking; what you crave for, the hidden secrets within. He knows what you feel when you meet up with someone that you don't particularly get on with. He knows. He knows what you do for people in secret, that financial gift you posted through someone's door. He knows.

He knows when you are mistreated and suffer in silence; He knows the bullies you encounter throughout your day and the people who stab you in the back quite often. He knows when people speak wrong of you with false accusations and those who call you a friend but gossip behind your back. He knows. He knows when you can echo Paul's cry of: 'For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do'.
Sound familiar? Jesus knows.

As I was writing this commentary this morning, I felt Jesus give me the following phrase:

'He knows the heartaches that you endure, 
the pain that breaks your heart,
He knows when you have tried your best,
but fail Him more and more, 

He knows, He knows, Jesus knows

He knows when you are short of cash
But give your all in all,
He knows your sins, the things you've done
but throws it all in the trash ..because

He knows, He knows. Jesus knows

He hears your prayers and sees your deed
that you carry out all day
He'll heal your hurt and bless your walk
and will give you all you need  .. because

He knows, He knows, Jesus knows

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...