Saturday 24 August 2024

Not My will but Yours be done

"Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart's desires. 5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act."  Psalm 37:4-5   CSB 

You may be facing a great crisis today, one in which you have no answer or control over. It may be a court case where you are petrified what may happen to you. It may be an appointment with your doctor to receive test results of which you fear the worst. Or you may be so deep in debt that you don't know how you are going to pay this. Just stop right there! This is taking your mind off Jesus. It is understandable but, He must come first in your thinking and He has all of the answers.

Be honest, has Jesus ever let you down in the past? You may think He has but, think again, wasn't it because you made a wrong move, something you had decided to leave Jesus out of and play the Lone Ranger by going in blind? It wasn't Jesus that let you down. Never has done and never will do, that is certain. Whatever is going to happen today, commit it to Him and trust in Him. He will find a way through all of this. Try not to fret or be anxious, this only leads to you  feeling negative. 

Today, God - if you allow Him - will bring His plan into operation and will take you through this. He may not answer in the way you will like but, He will answer and bring justice to your situation. He will also help you to bear whatever you may hear, about your test results. He is Lord and He can do more than we or any doctor could do. He can change situations; He can bring light into what appears dark. Don't write yourself off, trust Him.

Some people feel that God will wave a magic wand over circumstances and all will be well, rather like a fairy take. But we don't live in a fairy tale, we live in reality and at times life can be tough. We think, why doesn't God heal me? Why do I have to lose my house and go bankrupt; why, why, why? I wish I knew the answer to this. But one thing I know, Jesus knows best, He always has our best interests in mind. Don't forget, Jesus felt this way when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane. He pleaded that God would take this from Him but then, He said 'Not My will but Yours be done' Luke 22:42. He knows all about suffering and being anxious. But He trusted His Father, and that’s what you need to do.

Today, as you meet with whoever you have to, stand firm, knowing that Jesus is right beside you and be brave enough to say, 'Not my will, but Yours be done Lord.' 

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
Lord Jesus, I have sinned   
I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...