Monday 12 August 2024

You are Jesus' Friend

"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you"                                                  John 15:15   NKJV

What a verse this is, chosen by Jesus to be His friend. Initially though, Jesus was talking to His disciples - He had chosen each of them, not the other way around. But from there, they were commissioned to bear fruit:
'You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you'. V16
Jesus chose His disciples and called them His friend; He sent them to bear fruit (make disciples, heal the sick etc.). From thereon, all of us who heard the word through evangelism or circumstance, became born again and were adopted into His family. Hence, we too are chosen and have become His friend. Therefore, the commission is on us to also bear fruit. 

We were chosen before we were born but, so was everyone else. At a certain point in our life, we asked Jesus to be our Saviour. Others didn't, there was a choice. It was not a case where we were chosen but others was not, such as the false interpretation of predestination is often argued. We all have a choice - Choose Jesus or don't choose Him. For those who choose Him, there is eternal life in heaven. For those who don't, there is eternal life in hell. Everyone has a choice.

The bottom line is that we are sinners. When we ask Jesus into our lives, He forgives us our sin but, we are still sinners - Redeemed Sinners. We have permission to approach the throne of grace:
'Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.'  Heb 4:16.
 We become Jesus' friend and ambassador and therefore we become His partner in the gospel. Now, when you consider where you have come from to the position you hold now in Team Jesus, you have come far. 

Have you realised what a privilege you have. Chosen by Jesus to be His friend, partner, ambassador and representatives. It is amazing that, the Jesus we read about in the bible, wanted to live in our hearts, eternally. Wow!

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...