Monday 24 June 2019

Know who you are

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browser

"I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me."                                                                   Galatians 2:20 NKJV


Basically, we are saying here, 'I died to the law when Jesus died on the cross. He died in my place on the cross, so it is like it was me up on the cross. He died, and I died to the law when He died.' This comes from the fact that when we are baptised - submerged in the baptismal waters, we symbolically die with Christ, are buried with Him and then risen to a new life in Him. It is no longer we who live, but Christ lives within us. This is why when someone knocked on Martin Luther's door and asked to speak with Martin Luther, Mr Luther told him, 'Martin Luther no longer lives here, only Jesus Christ.'

We die to self and that is the best thing to do. Really, our old life has gone, we have been made new and raised to a new life. This is what Jesus wanted; to die in our place so that we could be free to live a new life, in Him.

For some it is difficult to get their head around this but really, Jesus, chose to take the sin of the world on His shoulders and die in our place, so that we could be free. Pretty good really.

This is the way that we should live from this day forward. We are no longer who we originally were, we have died to that and been raised to a new life in Jesus. Yes, we are still the same person, with the same name but, in spiritual terms, we belong to Jesus, we have taken His Name upon ourselves. We are in Him and He in us.

This is why we should not let trifling things bothers us. We have far better things to do. In Jesus, we have the power to bring people to a knowledge of Jesus too- just like we were once introduced.

When I was doing my ministerial training many years ago, we used a course that was called Evangelism Explosion. This course was designed for people to knock on people's doors or speak to them in the street, asking them questions about God and Heaven. One very important one was, 'If you were to die today and go up to Heaven and be asked by the person on the gate,"Why should I let you into Heaven, What would you say?' It would be no good to answer, 'Well I've always been good and led a quiet life.' It would also be no use in answering, 'I've read my bible through twice and been to church all my life.' That also would be no good. The only answer that would be acceptable to God, would be, 'Because Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. He has forgiven my sins.' That would open the doors into Heaven.

We need Jesus. We need to say, 'I have been crucified with Christ.' We need to wise up because, one day, we are going to be asked some question such as this when we die. Can you honestly answer, 'I have been crucified with Christ. He is my Saviour and He has forgiven my sin.' Honestly, can you answer this? Are you certain that you will go to Heaven? You can be, but only if you know Jesus.

If not, use this prayer:

'Lord Jesus, pease forgive me my sins. I ask You to be my Lord and Saviour; to fill me with Your Holy Spirit and be my friend. Amen.

If you have said this. You are born again. Please let me know.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard 
dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...