Friday 5 July 2019

My help comes from the LORD

If you're reading this in an email, scroll down to the very last link and click the link to view in your browse

"1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. 2 Many are they who say of me, 'There is no help for him in God.' 3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the one who lifts up my head. 4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill.:   Psalm 3:1-4.  NKJV

David was really up against things here. His son had become his enemy and was out to kill David and take over his kingdom. Many people believed it was poetic justice for the sin that David had been involved in with Bathsheba and then her husband, where he had arranged his death. People were saying, 'There is no help for him in God.' This really was a powerful statement and one that none of us would want to hear. However, David had repented and God had forgiven him. He was free from this sin.

Many non-believers find this hard to understand that God can and will forgive people who have committed such sin, but whoever asks God for forgiveness, receives it. This is what God is about - the God of the second chance. Thanks goodness for this for none of us would make it without His help.

David knew God. He knew that he had a shield of protection around him and he knew God would help him through this ordeal. David didn't pray about this predicament; he made a declaration. He said, 'But You, O LORD are a shield for me, my glory and the one who lifts up my head.' (Verse 3) David was completely confident in his God. As he called on Him, he knew God would answer him. David was able to lay down and sleep while God sustained him. That is difficult to do, if God is not with you in such problems. God lifted his head, took him to higher ground and a higher level in Him. 

Note that when David called out to God, He heard him. And He does the same with us. Whatever you have been through or are facing, you will find that calling on God is the recipe for our success. Whatever is happening in your life at this time, remember with confidence that your help comes from the LORD.

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...