Wednesday 7 August 2019

God & Co

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."   Ephesians 2:10.  NKJV

I recently saw a van travelling along the road which inspired me to write this piece today. On the side of the van, the sign read, 'DAD & SON'. It made me think about our relationship with Our Father and how much He wants to spend time with us, each and every day.

I remember trying to wallpaper a room in my house and how it went terribly wrong at first. The paper was all creased up, one piece was pasted upside down and other pieces were falling to the floor after  a short time. I said, 'Why is this all going wrong?' My wife, having heard this statement, replied, 'Have you asked God to help you?' And then I realised where I had gone wrong. I had left God out of the equation. We prayed straightaway without hesitation, asking Him to help me get it right. After that, it was soon finished with no more problems, and the result was amazing. It looked like a pro had done it, instead of a total novice.
I jokingly said to my wife, 'I thought Jesus had been a carpenter, not a decorator.' She replied, 'He's s decorator too, in fact, He can do all things! And there we have it. We are God's workmanship and He wants to help us with everything. All He wants us to do is place things into His hands and His help is guaranteed. 

Have you been the victim of trying to do things on your own? Attempting to carry out tasks without the direction of Jesus? It is much harder to try on our own and much better, and easier, to ask for His help. He wants a partnership with us. He wants to join us in our daily business, whatever that may be. It may be at work or at home; in our business or doing a task. He wants us to to invite Him to join us. We can then coin the phrase, 'God & Co', because that is what it is. We are in business with Him. To Jesus, our business is His business too and that covers everything from our career to our family life. 

Genesis 18:14 says, Is anything too hard for the LORD?' The answer to this question, is no. Is anything too hard for us? Yes, everything is. Without His help we are lost. John 15:5 says, "without Me you can do nothing," and this is so true.

Listen to me, God wants to be involved in all you do. He's seen the disasters that you made trying to fix this and sort the other out. He is the master of all things and He is inviting you to join forces with Him. He won't force this upon you. He's a gentleman and waits for you to ask Him for help.

Don't you think it's time you just that?

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...