Sunday 29 December 2019

High Speed with Jesus

"And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."
                                                                                                                Jeremiah 29:13.  NKJV

Over Christmas, I received a small present from a family member - a book - and it was entitled, 'Finding Jesus' by Winston Rowntree.  It was a real howl because it is based on the 'Where's Wally' books. Instead of looking for Wally, people search for Jesus.

Now the family member who gave me this was a Christian but through one thing and another, fell away. It was amazing seeing him and other members of the family, eagerly searching for Jesus throughout the pages. I am sure it was something that Blessed Jesus, as it certainly blessed me.

This made me think of the above verse from Jeremiah. As we seek Jesus from our hearts, we will find Him. You see, I believe that the time is right for giving Jesus all that we have. You may have been a Christian for years but do you really know Jesus? Could you say, honestly that you are His friend? I ask these two questions not to point a finger at anyone but to ask you to look deep inside yourself and decide. 

The reason being, when we know who we are and where we stand with Jesus, we can stand on this and rely totally upon His Word. If we look at the two previous verses, they read:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me and I will listen to you."  Jeremiah 29:11-12.

If we know Jesus, we have a future; we have a hope, however, this is based on searching for Him with all our hearts - with everything that we have. As we do this, we will feel His blessing upon us, real time. We will not be fearful when things come against us, when evil strikes, we will squash it in its tracks in the mighty Name of Jesus; we will feel the hope and peace that He offers us.

There is far more to life with Jesus than just asking Him into our lives. Yes, if you do that, you are saved and have a place reserved for you in Heaven. However, God has so much more that He wants to give us and as we dare to get into top gear with him, we'll feel the benefit of going high speed with Jesus. There is excitement to be had living this way. Want to sign up?

'Jesus, I want to get into top gear with You and travel at high speed each and every day. I commit myself to You; I've searched for You with all of my heart and now, I have found you.
So Lord, let's fasten our seat belts and hit the road. In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2019 Grahame Howard

dailylifewithjesus@protonmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...